What are the requirements needed to Code in FTK Central?
The following assumes the project/case you wish to Code in has already been created.
- In FTK Central's User Management > Role Permissions Mapping, create a new Role that has at least the following permissions:
- View Item Grid (required to see the case data)
- View Natives (optional, to view document content in the Native panel)
- View Text (optional, to view document content in the Text panel)
- View Coding Panel (required to show the Coding Panel)
- Edit Documents (required to assign Issues and edit Custom Fields)
- Manage Tags (required to see any content in the Coding Panel)
- View Tags (required to see Labels under the Tags Panel)
Assign Tags (required to assign Labels)
- Under Use Management > User Groups, create a new Group and assign it to the previously created Role and the Project where you wish to code
Note: Users/Groups must be explicitly assigned to Project(s) to view their Coding Panels.
- Assign any Users you wish to Code to the group
- In the Case List, click Manage Coding Panel next to the desired project
- Click Create
- Give the panel a Name and assign it to the previously created Group in the Users dropdown
- Add and check-mark any Labels, Issues, DB Columns, and Custom Fields you wish to add to the Panel, then click Create
Note: Any selected Labels must also be explicitly assigned to the previously created Group via the Tag Settings dialog within the case
- In the current release, Coding Panels can't be edited after creation. This includes their User/Groups assigned to a Coding Panel. Assigning a Group to Coding Panel simplifies adding and removing User access to a Panel.