When attempting to login to the Enterprise Examiner, you receive the error "Management Server encountered an error during login".
All involved machines:
- Disable any third-party programs managing firewalls
- Open "Management Server Configuration" (under the AccessData\Management Server group in the Start menu)
- Make sure the correct database type, host, and port are selected
- Enter the SYS password for your database
- Click "Verify"
- Confirm you receive the messages “Database Verify: Success” and “adms Version: 1.x.xxx.x”. If you do not, you may be specifying the wrong database location or have not yet created the ADMS schema.
- Click "Save" and "Close"
- Open Enterprise Examiner Configuration (usually at "[drive]:\Program Files\AccessData\Forensic Toolkit\\bin\EntCfgTool.exe")
- Under "Management Server", make sure the Management Server's public key is specified and is the same as the one bound to ADWebSite's HTTPS protocol in IIS
- If this certificate is not self-signed, then it must be in p7b format
- Make sure the "URL for the Management Server" is correct. It should be in the form "https:///ADWebService/ADService.asmx".
- Click "OK"
- ADMS was not properly installed
- The ADMS web site is not bound to the proper certificate (link here)
- The Enterprise Examiner Configuration is incorrect
- Communication was blocked