During the installation of various components the Windows Installer Coordinator will appear to hang, saying "Please wait while the application is preparing for the first use". You may also get an error saying "Install server not responding".
- Open the Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc)
- In the left pane, go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Session Host > Application Compatibility
- In the right pane, double-click Turn off Windows RDS Compatibility
- Select Enabled and click OK
- Run the desired installer again.
- Optional: Repeat steps 1-4, and return the "RDS" option to its previous setting. (E.g. set the option back to Enabled).
This issue is caused by incompatibility between Embedded MSI and Windows Installer Coordinator. Suggestion is to enable "Turn off Windows Installer RDS Compatibility" for the duration of the installation. More information about the issue and resolution can be found here (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2655192).