During the installation of various components (NativeViewer, WCF services, Work Manager, QView, etc.) the Windows Installer Coordinator will appear to hang, saying "Please wait while the application is preparing for the first use". You may also get an error saying "Install server not responding".
- Open the Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc)
- In the left pane, go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Session Host > Application Compatibility
- In the right pane, double-click Turn off Windows RDS Compatibility
- Select Enabled and click OK
- Run the desired installer again.
- Optional: Repeat steps 1-4, and return the "RDS" option to its previous setting. (E.g. set the option back to Enabled).