How do you image a RAID so that AccessData products can read it?
- Download and unzip Imager Lite to a thumb drive or portable HDD
- Boot the PC housing the RAID that is to be imaged
- Connect the drive with Imager Lite, as well as a drive larger than the RAID, to the PC
- Launch Imager Lite
- Go to File > Create Disk Image
- At the "Select Source" dialog, choose "Logical Drive" and click "Next"
- At the "Select Drive" dialog, choose a logical drive/partition housed on the RAID and click "Finish"
- At the "Create Image" dialog, click "Add" and proceed to output the image to the destination drive
- Repeat steps 5-8 for any addition drives/partitions housed on the RAID
AccessData does not have software to rebuild RAID from individual disk images. Therefore, it is recommended to get physical images of the logical drives/partitions housed on the RAID. These images will contain all information on the RAID except for unpartitioned space.