Sometimes jobs are interrupted, incomplete, or failed improperly. Remnants from these actions may interfere with future processing attempts or impact performance. This article describes how to clear out those remnants.
- Close FTK completely.
- Open the task manager and make sure that FTK.exe is not still a running process and anything that starts with AD is not running (ADIndexer, ADLoader, ADProcesser, etc.). If any of those processes are still running, end their task.
- Delete the contents of the PEstate (PM) and ADTemp folders
These are the possible default locations, but these locations are able to be changed:
- PM: C:\ProgramData\AccessData\PM
- PEState: C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\PEState
- ADTemp: C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp\adtemp
In addition to these three locations, there may be a user designated location for these. You will need to verify in the Registry where those locations are if you are not sure. **Note: If these locations in the Registry don't list either ADTemp or PEState, or say either (default) (value not set), then there is nothing for you to delete in these locations**
- ADTemp: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AccessData\Products\Common.
PEState: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AccessData\Products\Evidence Processing Engine\10.x
Delete the contents of all five folders if they exist.
NOTE: In an environment utilizing additional distributed processing engines (DPE's), you will need to check these locations on the primary application server as well as all DPE servers.
In some instances, the temporary files and processing status contained within these locations can trigger a job to restart or interfere despite the job being canceled.